Wednesday, September 7

Tonight I made something

As I cruised the streets of Target earlier today with my sister, I found the greatest little three drawer set-- all in the fabulous Target line of college dorm colors (pink, brown, steel blue, light green, etc.). I had to have it. Fortunately, as an employee of said store, I know how to work the system. I ended up walking away with the $40+ item for $19.98. The cashier (who looked new) was going to give me half off that price, too, but my morals kicked in at the last minute, and I walked away satisfied that I had a very cute pice of furniture.

I have never put together my own furniture before. Dan Blair put my bookcase together. Tyler and Jesse tackled my desk. So, hesitantly, as this was another first of being on my own-- first time trying to assemble furniture for myself-- I spilled all the contents of the box onto the floor and dug out the instructions.

One hour, twelve locking screws , and a couple lessons in trial and error later, I had my pink/brown/light green three drawer set against the wall with a matching pink/brown lamp sitting atop it.

I am woman, hear me roar.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She can be taught!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should've gotten it for $9.99.

p.s. it took you longer than an hour

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home