Tuesday, August 1

Frustration

I have read very few books that have made me mad at the end. Usually, I can tell by about 75% of the way if I am either going to enjoy the last quarter of it, or if things are not going to have a happy ending, that the characters will not live happily ever after, and therefore I will not be satisfied when the last page is reached.

I finished such a book tonight. When I reached that last page, I threw the stupid thing across the room. I was already mad for the last half hour of reading it, and the ending just threw me over the edge.

Sarah, when you come in later tonight and question the book lying in the middle of the floor, please refrain from picking it up. It needs some time to sit and think about what it's done.

3 Comments:

Blogger Analyst Catalyst said...

What book was it, if you don't mind me asking?

2:57 PM  
Blogger thesmallblondeone said...

Well, AC, it was a book called A Thousand Tomorrows by Karen Kingsbury. Thank you for reminding me of this post because I have since learned the error of my ways and need to repent about my initial feelings toward that book. See new post.

P.S. I can't read the comments people leave on your blog anymore, which is very discouraging, because 25% of the joy of the blog entry is reading people's reactions. And you get good reactions. Please fix this. :)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Analyst Catalyst said...

Really? What does it do? Let me know and I will work to rectify. :)

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home