Saturday, March 12

The Twelve Steps of Intimacy: As told by Adelaide and Demonstrated by Jig

Before anybody gets worried here, let me say that Jig demonstrated on another AGO guy... which might actually be more disturbing if you don't see it every day at camp and therefore are not already desensitized to it. Anyway, we had a great argument at the AGO house the other night, as well as last night on the way home from Alicia's, about these steps and the rearranging of them. All the guys voted that hand-to-head should be before face-to-face, and most guys felt that hand-to-hand was more intimate than hand-to-shoulder, contrary to what Dr. James Dobson himself believes. Although, it is kind of cute that the guys think that hand holding is better than the whole hand-around-the-shoulder thing. For those of you who don't know what the heck I'm talking about, feel free to find Dobson's book "Life on the Edge", because I don't remember all of the steps, but those that I do can be found here:

1) Eye to body
2) Eye to eye
3) Voice to voice
4) Hand to hand
5) Hand to shoulder
6) Hand to waist
7) Face to face
8) Hand to head
9) - 12) Those of which we do not speak of

I guess I do have all of them. Actually, Justin #1 just dictated them all to me. ;) Justin's apparently been studying them. As I speak, the guy's are trying to look up the "unmentionables" in Dobson's book... dirty boys....

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah b. said...

Arrow, if we learned one thing from this experience, it's this: men don't buy into brilliance. Besides, I don't think they're patient or intuitive enough to abide by steps of intimacy, understanding the implications and purpose of each one.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Lady Liberty said...

Boys, Boys, Boys (shakes head disapprovingly) I am ashamed. Don't make me fly back just to keep you in line! As far as this post goes... eyes to eyes should go before eyes to body!

11:55 PM  
Blogger thesmallblondeone said...

Liberty- Well, in Dobson's defense, he merely means that one person has seen another person, not that they are officially checking them out.
Adelaide- I agree. On the way home they all jumped to step eight with me... that is, they each put their hand on my head and exclaimed "Look! We're already at step eight!"

10:51 AM  
Blogger Lady Liberty said...

OK well with the proper explination to the steps (omitting anything beyond 9 of course) brings a little light to the otherwise grave situation. Yes I suppose seeing someone, before you make eye contact, is good. I mean what if she is sitting in front of the guy at church, no way you can make eye contact then

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home