Friday, July 13

Life Update

Wow! I have not been good at posting this year. Sorry to all of my adoring fans out there (cough, Brittany at Lib U.)

Life Update #1: We've moved again! Yippee skippee, June came around once again, and, as is the custom when you are a female in your early twenties, it was time to move to a new apartment. For the first time in my life I live outside of El Cajon (I figure Jamul summers don't count). Jenna and I have taken up residence with Brittney and her two roommates over in La Mesa, the one town in East County that I find myself constantly lost in. Darn non-grid system. It's... interesting so far. We haven't actually even lived with Brittney yet, since she is still in India, so we're not sure yet what the dynamic will be. Right now, we're just kind of winging it.

Life Update #2: We started a new company at work. This one is an AWESOME IDEA, though. My boss decided for his third book we should try our own hand at publishing. So he went and started his own publishing company. This is amazing mainly because my career goal is to work for a publishing company in between now and getting married and cranking out some cute kids. I've gotten to teach myself how to use Adobe InDesign to typeset the new book, gotten to edit it, I'm working with Justin on cover design and graphics, and we've just started talking logistics with the printer. It's a-mazing. Seriously, kids, only God works out amazing stuff like that.

Life Update #3: Since GRADUATION TWO MONTHS AGO, I've found myself with much more free time to do whatever I want, read, watch TV, scrapbook, whatev. But of course, being me, I have to do something at least slightly productive when I'm using my free time, so I decided to actually schedule out for myself time for writing. I figure this summer is as good a time as any to finally get that great American novel done. You can find me Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in the back corners of the Rancho San Diego and El Cajon libraries, typing away.

Sadly, those are pretty much the only updates worhty of being written about. There are lots of little things going on, too, but nothing that would lend itself to more than a sentence or two.

... All right, back to work for me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home