Thursday, January 27

Piercings and such...

Why is everyone so into getting something pierced all of the sudden? First, Bethany Saxman shows up last year with this tiny stud in her nose that she had to cover with a tiny band-aid when in class, until this year when CHC decided nose piercing was not in fact satanic (still working on the dancing thing though). I must admit, it does look cool. Now all of the sudden our dear Adelaide has gone and done the deed as well, influencing Peach to strongly consider it herself. At camp two summers ago, I discovered that two girls I had always considered non-piercing types (Mary Moss, Peach's sister, and Leah Larson, both CHC grads last year) had their belly buttons pierced! Ouch! How does one handle that kind of pain? My mom took me to get my ears pierced at age four. I do not fully remember this horrid experience, although I do see flashes of it in my mind sometimes, but according to my mom, I freaked out completely when the first one went in, and it took her six months to get me to go back for the second one. Perhaps this has tainted my opinion of piercings. The nose thing is kind of cool, as I admitted before, but I don't know if I could handle it with my own past experiences and Adelaide's description of her own ("It hurt like a mother...."). And I think I would only be doing something like that to freak my friends out since I'm not that type. Maybe I'll go crazy and get second holes in my ears....

3 Comments:

Blogger Lady Liberty said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I got my eyebrow pierced a week ago, there is a sterling silver skinny bar in it with balls at the end, kinda cool. I have to take it out when I go to work though.

11:26 PM  
Blogger thesmallblondeone said...

Ouch! I didn't even think of that one! That's gott hurt worse than your belly button
PS- ha, ha

6:03 PM  
Blogger sarah b. said...

I'd like to note that Mary (Poppins) got her navel done with me here in Indiana! Yessss, I'm a bad influence. The staff might want to reconsider my position...

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home