Monday, February 7

Superbowl parties, Dirty feet, and Andrew "soon to be dead" Matthews

Well, yesterday was a great day, despite the fact that I have my first cold in a year and I can barely talk (although Justin #1 sees these recent developments as an improvement). We went to the Turietta's house yesterday for the Superbowl and had a great time... playing the commercial game, of course. Who cares about the superbowl? Most of us didn't even know who was playing until the game started. No, we were in it for the commercials. Some time back Heather Aubrey made up this game where whoever guesses what product the commercial is selling first gets a point, and the most points at the end of the game wins. Can I just say that junior high girls are really good at this game? Kylie and her friend were tied with 11 by the time I had two (thank you Batman Begins and Verizon). The whole group decided to cheer for the Eagles since they were the underdog, but Kylie and I held out until we saw who had the cuter uniforms. Fortunately, the Eagles were wearing teal, and of course teal beats out white, so the whole gang was cheering for Philadelphia. Sadly, the birds did not win, and the mean Patriots took home the rings for the second year in a row.

After the game, we played Knockout for like two hours. My flip flops were just not doing it for me however, and eventually I kicked them off and went barefoot. The Turietta's driveway may seem spotlessly clean but don't be fooled-- my feet were nasty dirty, as Jarrod pointed out to me later. Most of the kids pooped out after Knockout and went for a "hayride" in the back of Jacob's truck, but the Justins, Jarrod and I stuck it out for a game of twenty-one, where Justin # 2 dominated the whole game and Justin #1 took a nice jaw hit from Jarrod (serves him right for his comment earlier).

Jesse took us all back to the Aubrey's house where we had originally met. As I dug through my purse for my keys, I felt a foreign object and pulled it out, thinking it was a dead flower or something that the boys had put in there as a joke. I PULLED OUT A LIZARD. It was in my hand for like five seconds before I realized A) it was not a dead flower, and B) it was squirming. Eeeeewwwwwwwww. I threw it on the ground, threw my purse on the ground, and was pretty much jumping up and down in the middle of the street while freaking out. Of course, the Justins and Jesse had no idea what had just happened, causing them a slight panic at first, too, but then they just laughed when I told them, and Justin # 2 picked up the creature and held it in his hands before I finally noticed it was still near me. Then he hurled it through the air and into the neightbor's yard, much to my dismay (I didn't want him to kill it either). I absolutely refused to touch my purse after that until someone checked for more lizards, and after my warning that there were in fact some girl products in there, one brave soul took it upon himself to search for more creatures. Jesse, you're a hero. After that I wanted to know who the culprit was, and resolved to call that evil Brice Hoffman (pastor's son and my official tormenter throughout high school and now in kid's church leadership) and his sidekick Weston Stecklair (also a tormenter in kids church) and give them a pice of my mind. But-- remember the first sentence of this blog-- I couldn't talk, so Justin # 2 called Brice and left a message that started with, "Hi, Brice, there are three guys over at the Aubrey's who are going to kick your..." Jesse called Weston who answered, laughed when he heard what happened, did some digging, and found out it was... Andrew Matthews (see previous senior picture, he's the one with the white T-shirt). That boy is so lucky I won't be at college group or church this week. However, I do have three contacts who will be there, who have a lot of experience with air soft guns....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was a great prank, But I'll get him for having to go though your purse.

6:08 PM  
Blogger thesmallblondeone said...

You would.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Lady Liberty said...

Now now. GO EAGLES! Hey they beat the point spread! Well I guess my cheering is a little late, but I did watch the game, ate lots of food, and selected my favorite commercial, the one with M.C.Hammer.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home