Sunday, November 13

Starbucks experiences




I hate coffee. And tea. And anything that has to do with or tastes like coffee or tea.

In high school, Justin Aubrey and I unofficially started the "I Hate Coffee Club." The mere taste of the stuff fills us with horror.

Over the years, many friends have forced sips of their favorite beverages down our throats. And all have been turned away with a look of disgust and a vow to never try that again.

Jesse and Justin Gibson once took me to Starbucks for the sole purpose of finding a drink I would like. I already knew which one Starbucks drink I like-- that slushie lemonade tasting thing (official name of aforementioned drink changes depending on what Starbucks you're at). But they insisted on finding a hot drink for me. They even got the guy behind the counter in on their little mission and the three of them made me try some vanilla milk thing and some mint tasting beverage. They weren't terrible, but I wouldn't fork over three bucks for them either. Plus, all that milk just gave me a stomachache.

Well, all this is to say that last night, Saturday, the 12 of November 2005, at the boy's intramural football championship game, Tim Askew offered me a sip of his peppermint white mocha... and I liked it.

I now have something on which to spend the nine or ten Starbucks cards I've collected over the last few years.







Here is a picture of me during my first Starbucks experience.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bout time!!

6:57 PM  
Blogger sarah b. said...

Oooh, holiday cups. I think it's time you went back for the new ones. They are cute!

I highly recommend the Gingerbread Latte -- very mellow and spicy.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home