Monday, October 18

It's 3am, I must be tired

I started Saturday morning in a state of complete and utter panic. No, I did not wake up in the middle of the night from a horrific nightmare; this was much worse. The panic was real. At twelve am I found myself-- against my will-- holding on for dear life to the harness holding me into the giant swinging and rotating pendulum that my wonderful friends had forced me on.

Backtrack to four-o-clock on Friday afternoon. With carefree hearts and expectant of a night of fun, Jesse, the Justins, and I met at Jesse's house for our annual October trip to Knott's Berry Farm for the park's Halloween Haunt. This is a tradition where they basically turn the park into a plethora of "scary" mazes, demonstrate a public "hanging", shoot off smoke machines everywhere, and dress their employees in less-than-comfortable monster outfits. It is wonderful, and my friends and I have made this a tradition.

We started our road trip off with a little KFC and some Matchbox 20 tunes (lyrics of which inspired above title and will be showing up in this entry for no reason other that that I like them). Of course, being a Friday afternoon heading into LA, we hit massive traffic and it took more than three hours to get there. But don't worry-- they boys kept themselves (and me) entertained by playing that song off of Who's Line.... you know the one where they make up some lyric by giving one line each and the second and fourth line have to rhyme? Yeah, they did that... for a long time.


Straight up, what did you hope to learn about here if I were someone else, would this all fall apart

Anyway, once there we had to wait in line for tickets for like forty-five minutes, before finally being granted access to our fright night. We went to a few of the houses before finding a ride that we all wanted to go on-- including me. See, I'm not into the whole being plummeted through the air at fifty miles an hour from two hundred feet in the air. I really, really don't like roller coasters unless they're Jordan-friendly... you can ask a Justin which one those are. So we went on this one ride (not a roller coaster) that basically whips you around, back and forth, and makes you think you're either going to hit a wall or someone else. It gave me quite a thrill. I commended the Justins for picking a ride that I actually liked, and they tell me, "Oh, well if you like that one, you'll like Revolution. Let's go!"

They tell me I'm naive, but I've discovered I'm never more naive than when I'm with them! In complete ignorance of where I was going, I followed along as we crossed to the other side of the park.

To be continued....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home