Saturday, April 2

The regular, please

On Wednesday I was dubbed "a regular" at Subway. I guess that makes sense considering when I show up now, the owner automatically pulls out a footlong wheat roll and starts piling it with turkey. Today I asked him if I was getting predictable, and he just kind of smirked over the pickle jar (this guy never smiles, so this was a minor accomplishment on my part).

While we're on the subject of being a regular, the guys at the 7-11 by my house know all the kids in my family by name. And they know what we'll buy when we go in. Ice, bread, milk, some combination of those three. Once when I went in there, the guy asked me, "No milk today?" and I said, "Oh, thanks! I totally forgot!" Now, when your local 7-11 employees know your shopping list better than you, that means you frequent that particular store a little too much. They know us so well, that they commented on my new wheels the day after I got my truck. And somehow they even recognize my mom even though she never goes there-- just sends us. Sadly, we do not know their names, as 7-11 employees do not wear name tags. We simply refer to them as "the one with glasses" and "the older one."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Change?... What's that?... You ever get the feeling your life is like the "Truman Show"? You ever think of changing something just to see what subway or 7-eleven might say? I mean what is the point in living if you live the same experiences everyday? I think you should try A new sandwitch sometime, cause you can't say you like subway as much as you do without trying everything on the menu first. I mean really, they only have one thing you like? And since when did subway start "dubbing" poeple?
Did you Kneall befor the manager of the month as he tapped your shoulders and head with a peice of wheat bread? (But got to admit, That would be funny to see) And those 7-eleven guys sound scarry, like stalkers or something. They just don't sound like your average 7-eleven employees. Thank about it... Their smart enough to remmember you, your family, the cars you drive, the things you buy, and they know your mom who never go's there, they don't have name tags, and their not iranian.... yeah.... Anyway, I was Board

11:32 PM  
Blogger Lady Liberty said...

6" turkey on wheat, lettuce and vinegar. Thats all! The girls in the Hanalei Subway know how to make my sandwhich. When I get up to order its already half made (not that hard) haha

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home