Monday, October 18

3 a.m. continued

So I left off at the point when we were tramping through the park off to my doom. Of course, I was oblivious to that fact until I saw... the monster.

Okay, okay, so I'm a wee bit dramatic. But those boys were insane if they even thought they were comparing the ride we had just been on, which didn't go two feet above the ground and actually very closely resembled the teacups at Disneyland, with this horrifying deathtrap they wanted to go on.

It went the way it normally goes at amusement parks. They downplayed how high it actually went. I witnessed how high it went and told them they were nuttier than I thought if they thought I was going with them. They said I would have fun. I said I've never had fun on a ride like that, why would it change now? They said this one was different, that I'd like it when I was on it. And once again, I succumbed to their pleading and joined them in line, telling myself I could always back out at the last second.
I think I'm finally scared now You think I'm weak - but I think you're wrong I think you're already leaving Feels like your hand is on the door I thought this place was an empire But now I'm relaxed - I can't be sure

So I got on the darn thing. And for awhile it was okay. But then we started going, and suddenly I hated them, offficialy hated them, for doing this to me. Because they knew I would not enjoy it. Well, the Justins knew. Jesse was still a little unsure of how much I would hate it, and decided for my own good, he had to make me have fun. Well, he learned. I think his hand is still hurting, and I'm surprised I didn't break it with how hard I was squeezing it as we were on that STUPID DEVILISH MONSTROSITY. My hand hurt afterward.

Aside from my brush with death, the night was very fun. We watched the "hanging" and the fun show that goes along with it, where basically every big celebrity, singer, or politician over the year is mocked and thrown off the stage, by each other. The greatest thing was Bush kicking Kerry's butt.

Everywhere someone's getting over Everybody cries and sometimes You can still lose even if you really try

I do have one complaint. In the years before, they've always had guys wearing "greased up knee and elbow pads" who basically go running and sliding all over the place. They are my favorite part of the Halloween Haunt, but I only saw two of them the entire night! The place used to be crawling with them! I was severely disappointed....

We left at two, when the park closed, but we didn't actually get out of the county for another forty-five minutes. We stopped at four different gas stations before we finally found one that didn' t have an out of order sign on the bathrooom door.
Just stay all through the night And in the morning let me down Cuz that's all that I need, right now

I was dead by the time we finally got going home and fell asleep pretty quckly, but the guys, somehow, were wide awake the entire way. Somewhere around three thirty I regained enough consciousness to understand that they were playing the Who's Line song game.... again. I caught my name in their little lyric a few times, too, but I wasn't awake enough to make sense of it.

And that is my Friday night adventure. Not much of one, and yeah, I was a scaredy cat through most of it, but hey, I survived, Justins. Who knows? Maybe next year I'll open my eyes for those rides.... maybe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

way to long dude ;) i know you're an english major and its a tendency...hmm...nevermind...write as much as you want! i understand! see ya in english class!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home