Monday, May 16

Bible Study

Small group tonight was... a little different. Instead of the usual Nooma video and discussion led by our fearless leader Joshua Serrano (see link for more), Josh decided, after noting that much of the group was missing, that we would fellowship over a game of Texas Hold 'em instead. So we put our poker faces on and got to it, even though I had no idea how to play at first. They gave me a quick run-down, handed me some chips, and we were off. Surprisingly, I won a couple good hands, and Michael claimed that I made the best comeback in the history of poker. Yea, me.


To Josh: After you had left and Michael and I had ran out of chips, we started a side game of "pretend strip Blackjack."

(Anyone want to make up a way that going to small group can lead to strip poker-- like CHS's dancing leads to sex rule?)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all left too early and missed the greatest stand off between David and I.

For the rest of the story and to find out who really one this game with an even better comeback visit... www.xanga.com/thunderalleyracer

11:28 PM  
Blogger Lady Liberty said...

Its official, I am the horse lady, they found me a helper. I am converting to the dark side :( Here I come GSS! I regret that I will have to leave my life of crime with Anne J. Keber

4:52 PM  
Blogger thesmallblondeone said...

Jesse-- Mikey, Jessica, and I were still there after David left, talking outside. He told us you won, but you thought you'd won with a pair of aces when you had a straight!

Britt-- who says you have to leave your life of crime? You're going to be a part of the gansta GSS life. We need to come up with mottos and logos and stuff. And we need to get GRBD back in swing, too.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Lady Liberty said...

oh hail GRBD, I will return to that sorrority. I suppose I won't be living a life of crime but I do think there are some GSS that could be a bad influence, LOL

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home