Saturday, October 23

This week's highlights

Sunday 11/18-- Sadie Hawkin's went down in the RAC (that's the Ryan Athletic Center, or simply gym for you non-CHC, CHS, or SMCC people out there). I think we all had a good time, playing silly picnic games and eating Subway and all that hooplah. But by far the most memorable experience was the three-legged race where, due to my partner's lack of knot-tying skills (didn't you say you were a cub scout, Jig?), we ended up falling on the hard wood floor, resulting in a glorious bruise on my knee, which is still a deep purple, almost black, color a week later. It's not quite as good as that bruise I got when Tyler tried to teach me to snowboard, but it's still up there (remember that, Ty? When you tried to kill me?). After Sadie's everyone was lame and went home, so I headed over to the Aubrey's to wait with Justin for the others to come home from dance lessons. When they got there, Jesse tried to teach me what they had learned, so I wouldn't look completely stupid this week, but I'm afraid I'm still a little lost. We watched The Day After Tomorrow, and it was as good as when we saw it in the theatre six months ago. (Question: is it ironic that the day after we watched The Day After Tomorrow, we found ourselves in the biggest rainstorm we've had in like forever?)

Monday 11/18-- The rains came down and the floods came up. I discovered the only times I enjoy rainy weather: when you don't have to be out in it. I was perfectly content doing homework all afternoon on Monday, solely because there wasn't anything else to do. Rainy days are good for curlng up with a blanket and a good book or movie. And, as Sonia added (and I agreed), a cute boy.

Tuesday 11/19-- Work, yuck.

Wednesday 11/20-- No work, yea! I got to go to Bible study with the CHC-ers again, and the Breuningers once again had my favoritist snack ever, popcorn, as well as my second favoritist snack ever, chips and salsa. It was a good night.

Thursday 11/21-- Work, again, but we were stocking snacks which is always the funnest, so it wasn't bad. Then off to college group, and afterwards our dance lesson, where I finally got the routine down. I'm so proud of myself. Now on to conquer the world....

Friday 11/22-- School, and then right off to work. The temporary manager was there again today (our manager's on vacation), and it's great because she doesn't quite know what our responsibilities are. So she'll come into the back and ask us to do something that's already our job, and then be extremely grateful when we agree to do it. I feel a little bad about that.... but, oh well. And since there were so many of us there last night, we finished everything early and basically got to do whatever we wanted (as long as it was productive for the store). Back to stocking snacks! After work, we went to Justin #2's house, me, Jesse, the Justins, Britt, and Johannah, and watched The Sum of all Fears (another great movie). Britt and Jo went home around midnight, but the boys and I stayed up late discussing deep theological questions. We covered such topics as predestination and foreknowledge, the disprovability factor of something that has been proven true, the Ice age theory, how cross-breeding works (Justin Aubrey broke up this conversation to say, "How the heck did we get talking about the mating systems of donkeys?"), and finally, how do scientists really know how far away a star is? Jesse thinks it's all a conspiracy.

And so that brings me here, Saturday, 11/ 23. I'm chillin' in the writing lab for five hours, two of which I've already procrastinated in doing my homework, although I did read a few pages. Guess I should get going on that. Lots of tests this week. See ya'll later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I would really be pleased to inquire regarding the source of you and your acquaintances denying my house mate and of the intellectual query you proposed post us departing from the stated location. The hostility and atrociousness of the idea is enough to amount my already lower than 98.6 degrees body to shivers when I reflect upon the discussion the company had when I was present. Whether or not to entertain their desire to observe the lives of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen on the Entertainment channel.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home