Saturday, November 13

The Game of Life

So last night, Justin #1, Justin #2, and I went up to Pine Valley to hang out with everyone who had gone on the college group retreat. (We did not go for the full weekend due to lack of time, funds, and meanie-head bosses.) We arrived around nine, just after the last meeting had ended. After shooting off a few paintballs on the street (don't ask), we proceeded to Worthington Hall (Pine Valley's equivalent of The Barn, except a lot nicer) to get our hands on some gigantic chocolate chip cookies, on the way passing Tyler who was about to go to sleep until we informed him of the game night we had planned in front of the artificial fire in the room otuside of the snack shop (our favorite Pine Valley hang out spot, next to the room off the game room where we once spent hours playing Egyptian Eruption on a school retreat). As we gathered around said artifical fire, bounced on the very cushy cushions of the couches, and set up Life, I remembered this exact same scenario from last year (except with Cranium instead of Life), and mentioned this to Josh, because last year was the first time I had ever really actually talked or hung out with him before. And Enrique remembered that it had been the first time she'd even met all of us, so it was kind of like an anniversary in a way....

Anyway, there were too many of us to play individually, so we split into teams. Jesse and I decided to go to college, and that is how we ended up being doctors with $100,000 every payday. I so wish real life were like that. You spin the wheel, you can get married, have a kid, or get a ton of money. And then you get to do it all over again two minutes later, when your turn comes around again. Real life should be so easy. Anyway, Jesse and I won, and now my dad wants the computer so I must leave!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Britt, I can't post unless it's anonymous because I am still on the good side. Anyway, I am glad Pine Valley was fun. Sorry about your cars, I remember parking there when I went to Jessica's house. Well I wish life was that easy too. I would much rather spin a wheel and get a kid rather then going to the hospital and all that includes. Of course there is also the instant wealth and great job without even going to school. Oh well I guess we have to settle for reality. See you later Jordan.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home