Wednesday, August 30

The Great Escape

Tonight's Mood: Happy Camper

So I sat in on the first Research class today. Basically, the class is one huge senior project, the topics of which had been chosen in a previous class by all the Comm seniors this year. I was told not to worry, all I had to do was find a topic of interest in the category of Communication in one of the periodicals in the Cayot room of the library. Riiiiiight. That's what I was thinking as I sat there, bright smile plastered on my face as I went over my options for escape. Hmmm, what kind of interpersonal communication study do I want to devote the next entire four months to for the purpose of fulfilling a second capstone course? Oh, there are soooo many options.

Oh, no. I knew then and there I would have to find a way out. Fortunatley, I remembered Sarnowki's offer to do directed research with me and suddenly the entire world opened up before me. See ya, Research class. I'm taking Editing next semester, what now?

One trip to Admin, ten minute standing outside Sarnowski's door, twenty minutes laying out my plan for Dr. White, and a nice little visit with Dr. Sarnowski (in which we discussed my opinions of my own senior project), I left school enrolled in World Religions and Intro to Psych, and Research in Communications was just a thing of the past.

Life is, once again, good.

And now we are watching Anne of Green Gables, the part where Gilbert is about to become sick and Anne realizes, when he almost dies, that she loves him and they get to live happily ever after. Ahhhh, I love that movie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Analyst Catalyst said...

Who do you have for Intro to Psych? Is it Szuch? I love her!

1:06 PM  
Blogger thesmallblondeone said...

Yes, AC, it's Mrs. Szuch. She's rad. I find it fitting that my first semester, four years ago, I had PD105 with her, and now I'm finishing up with a class she teaches.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Jordan Quinley said...

Memories... How are you, Jordan? I'm traveling the country giving public school assemblies. Crazy.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home