Friday, August 25

In a Galaxy Far, Far, Away...

Well, on Friday I had written out and saved my thoughts on the whole Pluto-isn't-a-planet-anymore controversy, to be re-worded and published later that day (I'm an English major, things have to look good and I was too rushed to approve of my own writing), but alas, I forgot about it until just now. So here's the abridged version of what I was going to write:

1) What the 'H' are they doing to the structure upon which my education was built. Does nothing stay consistent and dependable in this world?!?! (Agonizing sigh here)

2) Remember that cute little rhyme we learned about fourth grade, when we were memorizing all nine planets in our solar system? What was it....? Oh, yes. My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas. Take out Pluto, and what will the new rhyme look like? What will Mother make now? Nachos? Nectarines? Oh, what these poor children will go through.

3) I can just see the poor fourth graders now. Yesterday the teacher was talking about nine planets, and today there are only eight? Suddenly an entire planet is gone? Nine year olds can't handle that! I can't handle that!

4) Plus for scientific text book publishing companies: Increased yearly sales in 2006, as all of their authors submit their 27th editions even earlier than expected.

5) Here's the best information I got: National Geographic's got the scoop.

6) Or, if you prefer denial, check out this guy's take on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home